Dr. K. Velauthamurty
Department of Chemistry,
University of Jaffna,
Telephone: 0094 21 221 8193
Science Faculty: Member of Faculty Board.
My interests are in the synthesis and applications of conjugated polymer materials with metal ions and intercalation of conducting materials in clays.
- Synthesis and characterization of monomeric and polymeric Pd(II) and Pt(II) complexes of 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene-functionlized phosphine ligands, Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, Simon J Higgins, R.M.G.Rajapakse, John Basca, Harm van Zalinge, Richard J.Nichlos and Wolfgang Haiss, (2009),Journal of Materials Chemistry, 19, 1850-1858.
- Preparation and characterization of electronically conducting polypyrrole-montmorillnoite nanocomposite and its potential application as a cathode material for oxygen reduction, R. M. G. Rajapakse, Kenji Murakami, H.M.N.Bandara, R.M.M.Y.Rajapakse, K.Velauthamurty, S.Wijeratne (2010) Electrochimica Acta, 55, 2490-2497.
- Electrochemical impedance and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic analysis of dye-sensitized liquid electrolyte based SnO2/ZnO solar cell, G.R.R.A Kumara, Kenji Murakami, Masaru Shimomura, K.Velauthamurty, E.V.A. Premalal, R. M. G. Rajapakse, H.M.N.Bandara (2010) Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, 215, 1-10.
- Synthesis and characterization of monomeric and polymeric Cu(II) complexes of 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene -functionalized with cyclam ligand, Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, Simon J Higgins, R.M.G.Rajapakse, Masaru Shimomura , H.M.N.Bandara ( 2010), Electrochimica Acta, 56,326-332.
- Nanocomposites of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) and montmorillonite clay: synthesis and characterization, R.M.G. Rajapakse, Simon J Higgins, Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, H.M.N.Bandara, S.Wijeratne, R.M.M.Y.Rajapakse (2011) Journal of composite materials, 45, 590-597.
- Thermal properties of montmorillonite-polyaniline nanocomposites, W.M.K.T.Wijeratnae, R.M.G.Rajapakse, S. Wijeratnae, K.Velauthamurty, (2011), Journal of composite materials, doi: 10.1177/002199831141826
- Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, Simon J Higgins, R.M.G.Rajapakse, H.M.N.Bandara, B.S.B.karunaratne, “PEDOT containing metal phosphine complexes: Preparation and Characterization’’, The International Conference on Nanotechnology:Science and Applications (Nanotech insight 09), Barcelona, Spain, March 29-April 2, 206, 2009)
- Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, Simon J Higgins, R.M.G.Rajapakse, John Basca, poly(3,4 ethylenedioxythiophene) materials with covalently attached metal phosphine complexes, RSC conference, 2010.
- Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, R.M.G.Rajapakse, Simon J Higgins, H.M.N.Bandara, “Preparation and Characterization of monomeric and polymeric Ni-Cyclam ethylenedioxythiophene complex’’, Proc.Annual Research Sessions, University of Peradeniya, Vol 14, 2009.
- Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty, R.M.G.Rajapakse, S.Wijeratne, H.M.N.Bandara, “Preparation and Characterization of some metals (Pt2+, Pd2+, Ru2+) functionalized 3,4 – ethylenedioxythiophene’’, Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science, 2009, E2/627.
- R.Mageswaran, Kuhamoorthy Velauthamurty “Some quality parameters of drinking water Used in Jaffna peninsula” Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 2003,April, Volume 11.
- Some quality parameters of salt, water and soil samples from Some selected Areas in the Jaffna Penninsula, N.Nagenthirarajah, K.Velauthamurty, P.Iyngaran, P.Abiman, R.Srikaran, (2011, November), Vavuniya Campus Annual Research Session (VCARS), Vavuniya, Sri Lanka, ISSN 1800-4911.
- CHE101GC2: General Chemistry and Chemistry of Main Group Elements.
- CHE201GC2: Application of Spectroscopic Methods and Coordination Chemistry.
- CHE221GC2: Chemistry of Electron deficient Compounds, Transition and Inter Transition Elements.
- CHE321GE2: Industrial Chemistry and Chemistry of Biomolecules.
- CHE301MC3: Advanced analytical and Spectroscopic Techniques.
- CHE401MC4: Advanced Coordination Chemistry, Magneto Chemistry, Organometalic Chemistry and Reaction Mechanism.
- CHE421ME3: Bioinorganic Chemistry, Nuclear and Radio Chemistry, Advanced Chemistry of Inner-transition Elements, Clusters and Clathrates.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (Member).
- Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (Member).
- Institute of Chemistry Ceylon (Member).
- Secretary,Jaffna Science Association,Section A, 2010/2011.
- Senior treasurer, Chemical Society, University of Jaffna, 2010/2011.
- Treasurer, Jaffna Science Teachers’ Association, University of Jaffna, 2010/2011.
- Student counsellor, University of Jaffna from November,2011 to present.
- Visiting lecturer and an examiner in Pharmaceutical Chemistry for Faculty of Medicine, Allied Health Science, University of Jaffna, 2010/2011.
- Executive committee member, Science Teachers’ Common Room, University of Jaffna, 2010/2011.