Dr. R. Srikaran
Department of Chemistry,
University of Jaffna,
Telephone: +94 21 222 5041
Member of the Faculty Board of Science, Secretary for the Jaffna University Teachers’ Association (JUSTA), Committee member for the Faculty Research committee.
Natural product synthesis and combinatorial chemistry
- Spivey, A.C.; Srikaran, R. “Protecting groups”, in Annual Reports on the Progress of Chemistry, Section B, Organic Chemistry, Vol 97, Ed.J.A.Joule, RSC, Cambridge, 2001, 97, 41-59.
- Spivey, A.C.; Srikaran, R.; Diaper, C.M. Turner, D.J. “Traceless solid phase synthesis of 2-substituted pyrimidines using an “off the shelf chlorogermane functionalized resin”, Org.Biomol.Chem., 2003, 1, 1638-1640.
- Spivey, A.C.; McKendrick, J.; Srikaran, R.; Brigit, A.H. “Solid phase synthesis of an A-B loop mimetic of the Ce’ domain of human IgE: macrocylisation by Sonogashira coupling”’, J.Org.Chem. 2003, 68, 1843-1851.
- A.C.Spivey, C. Diaper, R. Srikaran, T. Jones, C.Noban, G.Ellames, H.Wadsworth “Opportunities for isotope labeling via solidphase synthesis with organogermanium linkers”J Lbel Compd Radiopharm 47, 2004, 299-334.
- A.C.Spivey, C.Diaper, R.Srikaran, T.Jones, C.Noban, G.Ellames, H.Wadsworth “Opportunities for isotope labeling via solidphase synthesis with organogermanium linkers” J Label Compd Radiopharm 47, 2004, 299-334.
- R. Mageswaran; M. Senthilnanthanan; R. Srikaran; P. Abiman, “Quality of ground water in selected areas of northern part of Sri Lanka”, Proceedings of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science, 60, 2004, 225.
- R. Mageswaran; M. Senthilnanthanan; R. Srikaran; J. P. Jeyadevan; P. Ragusuthan, “A comparative study of bioactivity of Palmyrah fruit pulp from different palm varieties in Jaffna district”, Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 12, 2005, 12.
- R. Mageswaran; M. Senthilnanthanan; R. Srikaran; J. P. Jeyadevan; S. Rajadurai, “A comparative study of different methods for improved quality sweet toddy”, Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 12, 2005, 11.
- R.Srikaran, R.Sivarajah, S.R.Krishnarajah, P.Krishnarajah, A.Kajatheepan, S.N.Surendran, “Larvicidal effect of crude extract from Holothuria atra against Aedes aegypti”, Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 2006.
- S.Ketheeswaran, K.Rajendram, R.Srikaran, K.Ahilan, “Preliminary studies of electrical and low magnetic field transport process in Red Soils (Latosols) in Northern Sri-Lanka”, Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 2006.
- R.Srikaran, A.Manjceevan, “Comparision of Harmful substances in a locally made mosquito coil with the commercially available mosquito coils” Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 15, 2008, 1.
- A.Manjceevan, A.Kajatheepan, R.Srikaran, S.N.Surendran, “Larvicidal effect of crude extract from Ocimum americanum against Aedes aegypti” Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 15, 2008, 3.
- V.Kumaran, A.Kajatheepan, R.Srikaran, S.R.Krishnarajah, S.N.Surendran, “Larvicidal effects of crude extract from Spindus emarginatus against Aedes aegypti” Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 15, 2008, 15.
- R.Srikaran, R.Sivatharshini, “Preparation of a new and efficient bar soap from soap nut oil” Proceedings of Jaffna Science Association, 15, 2008, 7.
- S.N.Surendran, V.Kumaran, R.Sivarajah, S.R.Krishnarajah, R.Srikaran, K.Raghavendra, “A note on the larvicidal efficacy of saponin constituted crude extracts of the plant and animal origin against Aedes aegypti L”, J.Natn.Sci. Foundation Sri Lanka, 2009, 37 (3), 209-211.
- N.Nagenthirarajah, , K.Velauthamurty, P.Iyngaran, P.Abiman, R.Srikaran, (2011, November)Some quality parameters of salt, water and soil samples from Some selected Areas in the Jaffna Penninsula, , Vavuniya Campus Annual Research Session, Vavuniya, Sri Lanka, ISSN 1800-4911ÓVCRS
- S.Tharmila, T. Thileepan, A C Thvaranjit, R Srikaran “Antibacterial Properties of “Accmus” mouth wash, (2011), SLJIM, 01:(02) 83-85.
Stereo chemistry and Conformational analysis, Heterocyclic chemistry, Chemistry of Natural Products
- Former Senate Representative of the Faculty of Science
- Former Head of the Department of Chemistry
- Chief examiner for the GCE (A/L) marking of chemistry.
- Visiting lecturer for Allied Health Science courses
- Visiting lecturer for Basic science for non science students.