- Senior lecturer: Department of Chemistry, University of Jaffna, SriLanka (Nov 2010 – present)
- Academic visitor: Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford (Jan 2007-June 2007).
- Demonstrator: Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford (2002-2005).
- Assistant Lecturer: Department of Chemistry, University of Jaffna, SriLanka (1999-2001).
- S. Prabagar, P. Jasotha, and S. Thuraisingam, Nitrate contamination of ground water: An issue for livelihood in Jaffna peninsula, Sri Lanka, Northern Province Water Recourse Development Colloquium, 28-30 January 2017.
- J.G.T.N.S. Ubesena, S. Janupriya, K. Velauthamuty, A.C. Thavaranjit and J. Prabagar, Degradation of hydrocarbons by bacteria isolated from used oil contaminated water, Fifth International Symposium on Water quality and Human health, 05- 06 August, 2016
- S. Tharshana, G. Sashikesh, J. Prabagar and R. Senthooran, Physocochemical characteristics of groundwater in a selected agricultural area in Neervely, Jaffna Fourth International Symposium on Water quality and Human health, 01-02 August, 2015.
- M.Vishnumeera, R. Senthooran, G. Sashikesh, and J. Prabagar, Physocochemical characteristics of selective well water samples in Kilinochchi and Mullaitivu districts, Sri Lanka, Third International Symposium on Water quality and Human health, 27-28 June, 2014.
- A. Aravinthan, and J. Prabagar, Effect of pipeline sources on drinking water quality in selected areas in Jaffna peninsula, Sri Lanka, 2nd International Symposium on Water quality and Human health, 15-16 March, 2013.
- J. Prabagar, A. R. Cowley, and J. M. Brown, Electrophilic routes to tertiary adamantly and diamantylphosphonium salts, Synlett, 2011, pp: 2351-2354
4th International Symposium on Homogeneous Catalysis, T. U. Munich, Germany, 5 th July 2004. “C-H Activation of thiazolium and benzothiazolium salts by platinum phosphine complexes and synthesis of adamantyl phosphines” – Final year D.Phil presentation, CRL, Oxford.
- CHE101GC2: General Chemistry and Chemistry of main group elements.
- CHE106GC1: Practical Chemistry I
- CHE301MC3: Advanced analytical and spectroscopic techniques.
- CHE302MC3: Applications of Group Theory and Diffraction Methods
- CHE306MC2: Advanced Inorganic Practical Chemistry
- CHE401MC4: Advanced Coordination Chemistry, Magnetochemistry,
- Organometallic Chemistry and Reaction Mechanism
- CHE421MC3: Bioinorganic chemistry, Nuclear and Radiochemistry, Advanced chemistry of inner-transition elements, Clusters and Clathrates
- University Research Grant – 2016 (URG/2016/CKD/02) Rs. 990,600.00, Impact of water quality parameters on Chronic Kidney Disease of unknown etiology (CKDu): A quantitative study using selected well water samples in Northern Province”, University of Jaffna, Jaffna, Sri Lanka -PI
- Prize for the Best solution Oriented Thesis Award-2016, given by the University Business Linkage Initiative Program University of Jaffna for Undergraduate Research Supervision on ‘‘Micro Remediation of Used oil (Petroleum hydrocarbon) contaminated Ground water
- University Research Grant – 2015 (URG/2015/13) Rs. 500,000.00, “Efficiency of bacterial degradation on used oil contaminated sites”, University of Jaffna, Jaffna, Sri Lanka -PI
- Clarendon Fund from Oxford University to pursue DPhil degree at Oxford in 2001
- University prize for best performance in special degree examination (Considering all subjects) in 1999
- Sir ArunachalamMahadeva memorial prize in chemistry for the best performance in the special degree in chemistry in 1999
- Ratnanather memorial scholarship for the best performance in the general degree units in chemistry at the third examination in science in 1998
- Handy Perinpanayagam memorial prize for the best performance in the first two annual examinations in 1996
- Edmund J. Cooray memorial scholarship in chemistry for the being the best student selected to read for a special degree in chemistry in 1996
- University prize for the best performance in biological science in the second examination in science in 1996
- Varatharajah memorial prize for the best performance in chemistry in the first examination in science in 1995
- Sabalingam memorial prize for the best performance in biological science in the first examination in science in 1995
Resource Person, Workshop on “Environmental Sensitive Subjects Areas” on 07-09 December 2016for Science Teachers at Northern Province.
Resource Person, Workshop on ‘‘Emerging Trends in water and wastewater Treatment’’at JKWSSP training hall, Jaffna on 02 –03August 2016 for the National Water Supply and Drainage Board.
Chief Examiner, G.C.E Advanced Level Chemistry, National examination, Sri Lanka– 2014 – 2015
- Member, Technical Evaluation Committee at Palmyrah Development Board -2017
- Treasurer, Jaffna University Science Teachers’ Association (JUSTA), University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka (2016 – 2017).
- Secretary, Jaffna Science Association (JSA-Section A), Jaffna, Sri Lanka (2013 and 2014).
- Life Member, Jaffna Science Association (JSA)Life Member, Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS)
- Life Member, Institute of Chemistry, Ceylon (ICHEM)